Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Highlight of My Weekend

I went to Bivouac and found something I'd been wanting for ages:


 They come in a box:


And they're my size!


I've oogled Inov8's shoes at every Total Sport event I've been to, but never seemed to have the time to try them on.  And I'd rather not buy my shoes online.  So when I discovered that Bivouac were now selling the whole range I headed straight downtown and snapped up some RocLite 268's.

I'll be wearing these on the Coastal Challenge in two weeks, so took them out for a long run to make sure they worked for me.  I am happy to report that they felt great and gave me no problems - I love the grip, the laces that stay tied, and the roomy as toe box - hopefully this means no more bruised toenails*.

There is something far more exciting about buying trail shoes than road shoes don't you think?  These shoes are going to take me to places and fuel experiences that I'll never forget, unlike the mostly unmemorable pavement pounding that my road shoes do.  I'm looking forward to lots of exciting adventures in these!

Do you get excited when you invest in new running shoes too?  Yip
How many pairs do you have in rotation?  3 road, 2 trail

*update for those interested - I think it's going to stay put!


13 comments:

  1. Yaaaaay!! Hooray for trail shoes (and awesome trails!!), and isn't it awesome that they're being stocked at Bivouac?!? I was in there over the weekend to stock up on gels and got talking - they're just as excited as we are! I luuuurve my Inov-8 shoes :) I wish you many happy, muddy, rocky, hilly, soggy, grassy kilometres for yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm hoping to have some wet, sandy, rocky kilometres next weekend along with you at the Coastal Challenge. Hope to see you afterwards!

      Delete
  2. I just ordered new shoes. Excited? Yes! Yay for new shoes and roomy toe boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your new shoes - are they the same model?
      And yes - hopefully no more bruised toenails!

      Delete
  3. I love getting a new pair of shoes, especially trail shoes! I've heard great things about Inov8, so I might have to check them out. Like you, I like to try them on - at least initially - before I order online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially with a new brand where the fit is unknown, plus return freight can soon mount up!

      Delete
  4. I hope you love your new shoes now that you've got very own pair!

    I love my trail shoes so much that I'm finding myself wearing them more and more on my non-trail runs! I just found my favorite pair on sale at Amazon. Normally I buy them at the running store, but I couldn't resist the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great you have found a pair that you always want to wear! I wish I could find my shoes on sale - they're so expensive here in NZ!

      Delete
  5. Super choice! Looks like your toenails are going to thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I absolutely love my Inov8s. Excellent choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe we are now shoe twins!

      Delete
  7. Oooo I love new shoes! Those look great--let us know how they feel after a few runs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...